The Children’s Rehabilitation Centre – Algoma began in 1952, as a project of the Rotary Club of Sault Ste. Marie, the Sault Ste. Marie Public Board of Education and a local group of physicians. The goal of the project was to provide therapy services to children with physical disabilities who were attending school. The centre, initially called “The Rotary Children’s Centre”, was incorporated in 1983 as a free standing Children’s Treatment Centre funded by the Ministry of Health. The Centre’s name was changed to “Children’s Rehabilitation Centre – Algoma” in 1996 to reflect its broader community involvement.
The following links offer some additional information about the history of our Centre and our accomplishments!
CRCA’s 50th Anniversary Booklet
Dr. Sinclair’s Chronicle