The Family Advisory Committee (FAC) was created in 1998 in response to an identified desire to formalize consumer input into centre services and programs.
SOME FAMILY ADVISORY COMMITTEE ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
- A strong family voice supporting and enhancing client family centred practice;
- Raising awareness of need for Transitions program (infrastructure & program);
- Identifying need for increased exclusive and inclusive recreation & leisure opportunities for our children & youth.
To provide a formal method of ensuring that relevant information on established services and new directions is communicated between families, management, Board and community in a consistent, timely manner.
- Provide input to Board of Directors to ensure evaluations occur on aspects of care of primary importance to consumers.
- Provide the consumer perspective to plans, directions and initiatives.
- Provide input for responding to issues or concerns raised by families.
- Provide input on how requests for consumer input can be obtained in a meaningful way.
- Request family education programs which reflect consumer needs.
- Facilitate the distribution of information to families on programs and/or services.
- Enhancing public awareness and acceptance of disability in order to reduce community participation restrictions, encourage positive and welcoming community attitudes and policies that facilitate inclusion.